While investigating the three over corruption allegations, FIFa’s ethics committee has suspended its president Sepp Blatter, Vice-president Michel Platini and secretary general Jerome Valcke for 90 days.
Ex-Fifa vice-president Chung Mong-joon has also been banned for six years.
The body said in a statement, “The grounds for these decisions are the investigations that are being carried out by the investigatory chamber of the ethics committee.
Blatter’s Lawyers said when making decision regarding the bans, ethics committee has not followed proper procedure. Blatter was also disappoint due to these decisions and looking forward to present his evidence that will show he is not involve in such activities.
Now the question is who will be the president of FIFA?
Issa Hayatou will act as Fifa president during Sepp Blatter’s ban. Hayatou, who is now 69 year old, has ruled Arfican soccer for 27 years.
While Platini is suspended Angel Maria Villar of Spain is expected to perform the same role at Uefa- European football’s governing body.
However, the 90 days bans can be extended to a maximum of 135 days; well it’s in the hands of ethics committee.
Latest posts by Mohammad Yaseen (see all)
- 5 Things You Need To Know About Apple’s Special Event - March 23, 2016
- Accessibility Click Jacking Affected Millions Of Android Devices Around The Globe - March 5, 2016
- Academy Awards 2016 – Oscars Predictions - February 28, 2016
- Facebook Launch Canvas Ads Tool For Marketers - February 26, 2016
- Mars, A Chocolate Giant Recalled Chocolate Bars From 55 Countries - February 24, 2016