Balti Chicken recipe is a famous Pakistani fried curry dish popular internationally by many people. It includes spicy ingredients to make it more delicious. Here is the simple recipe to make it.
10 minPrep Time
35 minCook Time
45 minTotal Time
- Chicken 1 kg (cut into 16 pieces)
- Tomato 1 (finely sliced)
- Onion 2 (finely chopped)
- Whole red chilies 8
- Oil 1/2 cup
- Chili powder 1 tsp
- Salt 1 tsp heaped
- Onion seeds 1 tsp
- Ginger garlic paste 1 tbsp
- Turmeric 1/4 tsp
- Yogurt 3 tbsp (beaten)
- Coriander leaves 2 tbsp
- Heat oil and fry onion till transparent.
- Add onion seeds, whole red chilies, ginger garlic paste and fry for 1 minute.
- Add tomato with salt, chili powder and turmeric.
- Now add chicken and fry well.
- Then add 1/2 cup water, cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add yogurt, cover and cook till chicken is done and oil comes on top.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.