BBQ Chicken gets a makeover in this recipe. The combination of ingredients makes for a mellow flavor that tastes more grown up than the original. This sticky, saucy baked BBQ chicken falls right off the bone and is absolutely delicious. Here is the recipe to make….
30 min Cook Time
30 min Total Time
- 8 small chicken drumsticks
- 1 large onion, cut into 6 slices
- Olive oil
- 1 cup ketchup
- 3 – 4 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Several dashes bottled hot pepper sauce
- Fresh Italian (flat-leaf) parsley
- Preheat broiler. Broil chicken on the unheated rack of a broiler pan 4 to 5 inches from heat for 10 minutes.
- Lightly brush onion slices with olive oil. Remove broiler pan from oven. Turn and move chicken to one end of pan. Place onion slices in a single layer on opposite end of pan. Broil for 15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear (180 degrees F).
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan combine ketchup, vinegar, brown sugar, paprika, and pepper sauce. Bring to boiling over medium heat. Remove from heat, keep warm. Remove onions from broiler. Broil chicken 2 minutes more and brush with sauce during the last minute.
- Chop two of the onion slices, stir into sauce. Serve chicken with onion slices and parsley.