Nutrition is the single most effective way to boost growth. In fact, scientists think that children are losing their tall stature because of the increase in sugary and fatty foods which includes pizza, ice cream, cakes and soda etc. About 20-40% of your growth is influenced by your environment. This means your diet, your health, how much you eat, what you eat, and how much sleep you get. We usually cut down to the things we actually need to the things we want. A balanced diet filled with plenty of healthy nutrients will help you in stay healthy, stronger and live longer in this environment.
How To Stay Healthy And Stronger?
To stay healthy means staying away from the cakes, sodas, and pizzas and reaching for the salads, whole grains, and fish. If you’re having trouble motivating yourself to eat these foods, search for different recipes and look for combinations of food that you find appealing. Ensuring that you’re getting all the vitamins and minerals your body requires will help you grow.
Make sure to take:
- Carbohydrates and calories.
- Plenty of calcium (found in dairy products and green vegetables).
- 500 mg of niacin (only with an empty stomach).
- Sufficient vitamin D (through fish and mushrooms).
- Lots of protein (from meat and eggs).
- Increase your zinc intake (oysters, chocolate, peanuts, eggs, peas, and supplements).
- Cod liver oil
- Whole grains (Rice, beans, wheat). To get fiber, magnesium, iron and selenium
- BRAT diet (Banana, Rice, Applesauce and Toast).
- Vegetables and fruits.
Supplement your protein with soybeans, chicken, beef, fish and eggs should be a regular part of your diet. So eating a good amount of foods from the protein foods group is important if you want to grow and be strong. The recommended amount varies by age, gender and how much exercise you do. Always remember, in order to stay healthy, you have to really work hard in the beginning but once you develop healthy habits, without any doubt, your life will be worth living!