Google can identify whether you are holding a cat or girlfriend in your arm and Facebook can also identify who is in your pictures but Apple has remained curiously behind the curve when it comes to artificial intelligence.
It is surprising thing that apple want to know how you are feeling in a particular moment. Recently, Apple has bought an artificial intelligence company “Emotient” which has the ability to read a person’s emotions through facial recognition.
Emotient was founded by the researchers from the University of California, Santiago in 2012 and is currently sold to advertisers, marketers and firms that are keen to know more about their customers. This technology helps advertiser to analyze viewer’s reaction to the ads, doctor also use this technology to understand the pain of patients who cannot express themselves. One of the customers of Emotient, a retailer, is using the AI to observe the responses of buyers on the products in its retail stores.
Obviously, Apple has not mentioned that what it is going to do with this technology and we may not understand about the intentions regarding Apple’s purchase. However, it might be developing a smarter Siri having the ability to identify user’s emotion.[fbcomments]
Latest posts by Mohammad Yaseen (see all)
- 5 Things You Need To Know About Apple’s Special Event - March 23, 2016
- Accessibility Click Jacking Affected Millions Of Android Devices Around The Globe - March 5, 2016
- Academy Awards 2016 – Oscars Predictions - February 28, 2016
- Facebook Launch Canvas Ads Tool For Marketers - February 26, 2016
- Mars, A Chocolate Giant Recalled Chocolate Bars From 55 Countries - February 24, 2016