Pakistani parliament has became the first parliament in the world that run entirely on solar power.
It was announced in 2014 when Chinese president Xi Jinping’s visited and addressed the parliament. The venture has been funded by the Chinese government as an act of friendship with the solar power plant costing around USD 55 million. The project was completed in around seven months.
Solar panels in the Pakistani parliament now produces 80 megawatts of electricity, 62 of which are consumed by the national assembly with the remainder going to the national grid. The solar plant will help the parliament to save around Rs12 million in electricity bills every year, officials said.
So Pakistani parliament has became the first in the world to run entirely on solar power. There are also some parliaments like the Israeli Knesset which generates only 10 per cent of its electricity from solar power.
Latest posts by Ahsan Tariq (see all)
- UC Browser Launches News Hub For Pakistan - August 20, 2016
- 5 Most Cheapest Cities In The World To Live In - July 26, 2016
- Nokia Is Going To Launch 2 Android Nougat Smartphones - July 22, 2016
- 5 Differences Between Android Nougat And Android Marshmallow - July 7, 2016
- 5 Ways To Save Water At Home - June 20, 2016