When you want to have the access of un-interruptible internet connection to your home or office, you definitely need the best wireless router. Of course, these kinds of the wireless routers are getting increased popularity among the people around the world who likes to access the internet. There are different varieties of the wireless routers that are available in the market and therefore, you can easily buy it for your network. In that manner, the Belkin is one of the most prominent routers that are used in the wide range of networks. So, if you are using the Belkin router, you definitely get the interesting features.
Every home broadband router can have two IP addresses, in which one for connecting outside to the internet and the other one for making the communication inside of the network. For this purpose, the public and private IP addresses are used. Here, the private IP addresses are used for the local networking which is set by the router manufacturer in default and controlled by the home network administrator.
Getting IP address of the Belkin router
Home router can contain the default private IP address when it is manufactured. In fact, this specific value can be depended on the brand and the model of the router. In this manner, the default IP address of the Belkin router is the 192.168.2.1.
Of course, the network administrator can only use this IP address at the first time, he is going to use in the network. Later, he can personalize the IP address as he wishes for ensuring the security features of the particular home network.
192.168.2.1 IP address
This 192.168.2.1 IP address is also called as the default gateway address for the Belkin router. This is because that the client devices may only rely on the router as their gateway to the internet and also the computer operating systems.
However, you may need to know about the Belkin router’s IP address only in the following situations.
- You need to determine the IP address for entering in the address bar of the web browser to access the settings of the router.
- You may check the IP address range and the default gateway for allocating the computer to the particular static IP address.
Connect the computer to the router
You have to connect the computer to any of the LAN or the wired ports by using the Ethernet cable. You have to ensure the connection of the router by checking the lights on.
If you want to get the IP address automatically from the Belkin router, you need to check the properties of the TCP/IP connection which is installed on the computer.
Once you make sure about your computer is set to obtain the IP address automatically, you can check the IP address in the easiest manner.
Ways to check the IP address of the router
- If you want to find the local IP address of the Belkin after you have changed to your personalized address, you can claim it easily.
- In fact, you can also get the IP address based on the operating system that is used in your computer. If you are using the Windows operating system, you can access the Ip address by accessing the command prompt.
- It is also better to read the manual of the router which is given by the seller at the time of purchasing the router. However, this manual can definitely give the entire details about the particular router you have bought.
- As well as, some model of the Belkin router may also have all the information like its default IP address and the password on its label. Therefore, you can access it for getting the IP address of the particular router in the well effective way.
- If you cannot access the IP address in this way, you can also use the internet. For this purpose, you have to provide the model of your Belkin router on the search box and can find the IP address of the router easily.
- Last but not the least, it is better to reset the router when you forgotten the new personalized IP address and password. Once you have reset the router, all the settings of the router can be set to the initial level and therefore, you can easily access the information.
Change the settings of the router
Once you have obtained the IP address and the password of the router, you can use it for increasing the security of your particular network. For this purpose, you have to type the IP address of the Belkin network on the address bar of the web browser and change the settings of the router as you want through online. In this manner, you can obtain and change the settings of the Belkin router easily without any hassles.[fbcomments]
Latest posts by Masha Winget (see all)
- Best Headphones You Can Buy Under $100 - April 29, 2017
- Power Banks – What You Need to Know? - October 16, 2016
- Router’s IP and Admin Password FAQ - October 10, 2016
- How to Determine Belkin Router IP Address and Default Password - October 3, 2016
- 5 Easy Steps to Setting up a Wireless Network at Home - September 30, 2016